Wednesday, June 27, 2012

4 months!


I waited to do her four month post for after our Dr. visit yesterday so I would have exact stats on her. We went for our four month check up and of course got shots which this big girl didn't even cry! I was shocked! Ted went with us and I had told him that it is so sad but then she acted like such a big girl and hardly made a peep. I guess she was trying to show out in front of her daddy!

Weight - 15lbs 2.5 oz
Length - exactly 24 inches! She has only grown an inch in the past 2 months but she was on the longer side there for awhile so that is fine.
Eating Habits - We do a five ounce bottle about every 3 hours. No more night time feedings.
New Foods she likes - Rice Ceral! We have started feeding her some from a bowl around 6 each night and she loves it! I was worried at first on how she would take to a spoon but she is doing great. The Dr. said we could add a morning feeding and then after about a week start on oatmeal. Then after a week on that start some veggies and then some fruits... Where did my baby go?!?!?!  Big girl likes her food so I don't think we will have a problem in that department. It will be fun to find out what she likes and dislikes.

Here is some shots of baby girl eating from the spoon from the first time.

Not too sure about this mom...

Oh, this isn't so bad after all!





New Discoveries - She is really started to love to play with all her "toys". She is so happy and content and can entertain herself pretty well.



 We needed a little head prop on this one. :-)

And we introduced Sophie:
She really enjoys it. She loves to put anything and everything in her mouth anyway and this little guy seems to be the right size for her! Only one problem with Sophie... she squeaks! This makes it very interesting for Bella to be around when MM is playing with her. It is like pure torture for Bella.

Speaking of Bella, we have also started going on the front porch for some swing time before bath time. She loves it! She is so still and content. I think she likes the breeze going through her hair. Ted will use this time to play with Bella in the yard as well and MM loves watching her. She can't take her eyes off her when she is running around the yard. I think it is funny because this is really the only time she ever pays attention to Bella.

Also another HUGE thing for us this month is that we started "school".
She started the 1st of June and LOVES it! It is just a small little church by our house that has a half day program. She goes 4 days a week. Mommy loves it because once we started, she was sleeping 12 hours a night! The newness of it has worn off a bit now and we are back to our 8:30pm to about 6 to 7ish routine, which is still great! No telling what full days will do to her when she starts this Fall. I truly think it is great for her to go interact with other babies and other people besides her family members. As much as mommy was NOT looking forward to it in the beginning, I am so glad we are doing it. And her teachers are so sweet and love her which also makes this new chapter a lot smoother. They all the time tell me how happy and easy she is which makes me so proud!

Here is daddy giving her a little "pep talk" on the first day!

This is one of my favorite pictures of all time! I love how you can see her smiling face in the mirror.

And here is a picture that her teacher sent me during the day that first day.
Just hanging out with her little lovie.
(which I may or may not have sprayed body spray on it to make it smell like mommy!)



Accomplishments - With the rolling starting last month, the scooting wasn't too far behind! I think she will be a early crawler and baby proofing the house is already on my mind. We have ALOT to do to get ready for that!

We are in some 9mth clothing but all 6mth things still fit. We are officially in size 2 diapers. People always told me that they grow so fast but it truly is amazing how fast they do grow and change!

Her personality is coming out more and more each day. I love to hear her laugh and talk, it is the sweetest thing ever. The other morning I woke up around 5 or so, to her little voice over the monitor just talking and giggling away, I love that she wakes up in a happy mood! Ted and I just laid their and listened to her for a bit. After we realized that she wasn't going back to sleep Ted went in there to get her and he said she got the biggest smile on her face when she saw him. He brought her back to our room so we could get a few more minutes of sleep before we started our day. And of course she slept another 2.5 hours snuggled up in between us! Which is fine by me!


Here is a good example of her little personality coming out more and more... she loves putting her arm behind her head now when she is swinging or laying in her "taco". 

Here is another one.



Places I went -  We have stayed pretty busy this month going to grandparents houses, baby showers, mom's work (corporate office too), shopping trips with mom, etc...always on the go. She is very flexible and can nap wherever pretty much which I am very thankful for.  I hope she will continue to just go with the flow.


At mommy's office one afternoon watching Baby Einstein (which she LOVES)




We have also started a little Saturday morning ritual wiht mommy and daddy. We get up, go to the local farmer's market, IHOP and then Sam's and whatever other errands need to be done. It is cheesy and I LOVE it! MM is a big fan too!


Here we are one Saturday morning at the market.
(excuse my yuckiness)


We did have our first encounter with a "celebrity" so to say. We went to lunch out at the country club one Saturday and Nick Saban came in the snack bar where we were eating to get a water. I would have LOVED for MM to have gotten her picture made with him but of course I would never bother him. Now if he had seen her, I am sure he would have wanted a picture with a cute little baby so he would have asked us.... LOL. Maybe one day though.


Other fun pictures from this month.

Fun with mommy

MG playing "shop". She was pretending to "paint" MM's hair purple and pink.

Hanging out with Aunt Ashley

Clean puppy dog after a bath



We love you more and more every day MM and couldn't imagine a day without you in our life!


No comments: