Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh the places you will go...

I love that Dr. Seuss classic and the title is the reason I have been missing in action the past few weeks! 
New Orleans to Houston to Chicago all in the past two weeks can really wear a girl out! Mixing work and play can most certainly wear a girl out! Especially this one, but they were all GREAT trips!  I can't tell you my excitement of being back home!

I love Fall and I love to be home decorating, cooking and doing any other craftiness I can get into to. One of my favorite reasons I love fall is the color change. And as much as I love the great state of Alabama there is just no comparsion to the season change that northern states get. Here are a few photos from the Chicago suburbs.




My Chicago trip was the first, of hopefully many, mother/daughter trips. There was a total of 6 of us that went and enjoyed the wonderful city of Chicago. I also incorporated a bit of work in the trip that lead me to have to rent a car which is why I have the lovely pictures of the suburbs. Let's just say that was the 1st time driving in a major city and I hope it is the last. Me and cab drivers do not get along while I am not in the back of their cabs! Geez...

After that stress was over I could continue the trip stress free and enjoy the time we all got to spend together. We enjoyed dinner at Gibson's, Gene and Georgetti's and Shaw's Crab House while there. As well as going on an architectual tour, Second City Comedy Show, hitting up a few stores, lunch at the John Hancock Buildng in the Signature Room (on the 95th floor) and most importantly having a great memory with our moms! This was my mom's 1st time to fly in 20 years!!!



The whole gang.

Mom and I at lunch at the Signature Room.

Cheers to a great trip!

View from the 95th floor!

The past few weeks have been busy, fun and exhausting. I am glad to be back in a routine and home with my lit family.
Warning: random blogs ahead... trying to catch up on all my thoughts! :-)



No comments: