Friday, October 22, 2010

Sugar & Spice...

And PUMPKIN!...
That is what pumpkin bread is made of!

I am headed down to Opelika tomorrow to meet the first of our college group's, baby boy, Mr, Charles Parker Moore! I can't wait to snuggle wuggle with him! In preparation for this little journey I thought what better way to let the Moore's know how much we care about them as to bring them some goodies, just as any southern lady would do! (including wine for the new mom!) So I decided to get out the ole' Kitchen Aid mixer and whip up a few loaves of pumpkin bread! I have come a long way in my cooking over the past few years, but baking is a skill I am still trying to master. However I must say, this turned out to be a success!

Pumpkin Bread
Ingredients
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
31/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground all spice
(I used pumpkin pie spice because I had it)
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnut or pecans)
1 tsp baking power


Directions:
1. Combine pumpkin, oil and eggs. Sift together dry ingredients. Combine the 2 mixtures, blending thoroughly.

Which will look similar to this:



2. Pour into 2 greased 9X5 inch loaf pans and bake at 300 for 1 hour.

Here is the fun part.. I went to Michael's the other day and found these cute little mini loaf pans for 60 cents a piece. So I decided to get them and then fix up a cute little bags of mini loaves to take to the Moore family as well as pass along to my neighbors.



How cute are those!?!?!?
(Ted had to have a little sample... that one will stay at the Baker's!)

I am going to wrap them in foil for extra protection then then put them in this cute little bag


Along with putting the recipe inside.
(also found these cute little fall recipe cards at Michael's... $1 for 20 of them!)

Hope they enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making them!
Happy weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Such a cute idea!!! Love it!