Thursday, February 9, 2012

Watch it grow...38 weeks!


How far along? 38 weeks!
Size of Baby: MM has probably reached her birth weight between 6 and 8lbs but every baby is different.
Total weight gain/loss:Up 3lbs yesterday afternoon at the Dr.'s office. Key word here is AFTERNOON!!! Of course you weigh more in the afternoon than in the morning AND I tend to swell in the afternoons some which I was yesterday so I am going to say this weigh in was a bit off. But if you count this in the running total it would make it 26lbs total. Next week's appointment is first thing in the morning!
Maternity clothes? Really getting tired of wearing the same thing over and over again but they are a must!
Best moment this week:Nothing in particular just enjoying the last few weeks that I get to have her with me everywhere I go!
Worst Moment: Nothing really but if I had to say something then I guess sleep. I just wake up and stay up for a few hours a few nights a week which makes for a long day the next day.
Symptoms: We are making some small progress.... I am not 1.5cm dilated but still at 70%. He did say her head was even lower this week. I don't know how much lower she can get without making an entrance! LOL
I have also have a few other beginning of labor things happen but I will leave them unmentioned on here.

As mentioned above, I have noticed the swelling a bit more in my lower legs and feet. Usually doesn't hit me till mid afternoon and I am sure my legs dangling at my desk all day doesn't help. Also have noticed in my fingers a bit more this week. And it seems that she is also resting on my sciatic nerve. I will have these sharp pains shoot down my left leg every once in awhile and I had wondered what that was but my weekly update this week had this in there and it totally made sense. It is not unbearable, just a bit uncomfortable for a minute. Almost feels like a cramp is coming on.
Miss Anything? I am going to go back to wine this week! :-) Actually with this Spring weather around here more on the fruity cocktail side of things. But nothing major.
Movement: I love it when she stretches! I can tell because each side of my tummy just goes out and you can feel her, then she just slowly goes back in. I just imagine her stretching out when she gets here! She will get that from her daddy! When I went to the Dr. last week the nursery windows were open and there was a little baby in there that was sleeping stretched out as far as she could. Arms up in air, legs all sprawled out... I thought to myself, I bet MM is going to do the exact same thing!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Have you started to show yet?: Umm... for sure. 
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?
All organs are ready to support her in the outside world. She has developed healthy amounts of baby fat all over and her immune system is developing and will continue to develop until after she is born. Her fingernails and toenails have reached the end of her fingers and toes and might even need a trim after she is born!

In other Baker News....
We were able to go to dinner Saturday night with some friends of ours that have moved to TN.  They have a 2 year old little boy and are expecting the 2nd! It was fun to go out to dinner with kids, (there was another couple there with a 3 and 1 year old) to see how our life will be changing soon! Everyone did good though! Going to a Japanese restaurant where there is entertainment probably helped that too! :-)

Besides just playing the waiting game, we are just enjoying the last few weeks with each other.
Of course I have been in major nesting mode though! One day I will work non stop and then I will crash and burn the next day. Now I think I am just doing "busy work" more than anything else. If it isn't ready by this point then it is not important!

And this afternoon Ted's work is giving us a baby shower. I haven't ever really met any of them and I just think it is so sweet that they would want to do that for us. I am looking forward to it and can't wait to meet the ones that Ted works with everyday.

No comments: