Thursday, February 2, 2012

Watch it grow...37 weeks!

(I really dislike white shirt pictures... will have to remember that for the next 3 week's updates!)

How far along? 37 weeks!
Size of Baby: According on FamilyPlanning.com , she is measuring over 20 inches and weighing around 7lbs.Of course this is an estimate... I doubt MM is that big. I was 6.8lbs when I was born and Ted as 8.2lbs. I bet she will end up right around 7.2lbs and around 19.5 inches....we will see!
Total weight gain/loss:Up .4 since last week so 23 total gained.
Maternity clothes? I wish I could just wear my robe or pjs all the time at this point but I am pretty sure my co-workers wouldn't really like that. Trying to stay "cute" but at this point, I am just along for the ride! I can't wait for Spring though! Maxi dresses, flip flops, bright colors! And MM will be dressed super cute too! :-)
Best moment this week:Getting to 37 weeks! We are officially full term! And I just love feeling her. I know I will miss it when she is here.
Worst Moment: Lower back has been killing me lately. I got a prenatal massage last week and it was the best thing ever! I NEED want to go back! We will see how sorry Teddy feels for me.... I think I might be starting to swell some more in the afternoons. My legs just feel a bit "tight" at times. Hormones have also been "all over the place". One minute I am happy go lucky and the next... watch out! But I have really have nothing to complain about so just trying to stay positive. I blame it all on hormones!
Symptoms: Still at 1 cm and 70% but Dr. did feel her head yesterday! Craziness!!!!He said she is dong exactly what she is supposed to be doing... moving on down. I can tell for sure now. Just different pressures and such. My mom is convinced she will be here at any time now but I don't know.
Miss Anything? Not really but kind of being able to work on "projects" around the house. It has been warm around here which makes me think of Spring and I love to spray paint and do all kinds of projects around the house but can't really do those right now. Just trying to enjoy these last few weeks of down time.
Movement: She has her moments where she goes crazy for a bit and then settles down. After I eat alot I know she doesn't have much room in there because she is still for a few hours afterwards. Then she goes to stretching like crazy. Bless her heart, I am sure she is all cramped up in there. 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Still no.
Have you started to show yet?: Yep... the bump is big and low!
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?
She is ready to go! All organs are able to function outside the womb and she is just putting on some fat between now and the time she is born. (let's hope she just does and not momma!)

In other Baker News....
I went to my "due date buddy's" baby shower in Birmingham this weekend. It was so sweet and I loved seeing all the little boy things.

We also booked a trip with some friends to Napa for October today and I have to say... I had a bit of anxiety as I did it. It will be so hard to leave MM for a few nights. But know it is healthy for her and mommy and daddy! She will be living it up at Mimi's house without a care in the world, I am sure! And I have always heard the earlier we do it, the easier it will become.

I also purchase MM some "luggage". I went into a store here in town and they had some Vera Bradley on clearance. It was the pink twirly bird pattern which is perfect for a little girl. We will be traveling with her so she has to travel in style!!! I got the diaper bag, duffel bag, a tote and a small toiletry bag for her... all basically for the price of what one bag would normally be. Plus she will be able to use it all through the years, not just as a baby. Then I had my friend at Pinwheel Press design her some "luggage" tags. She designed them for me and then I printed them at work and took to Office Max to get laminated. I thought they turned out too cute. This is another one of those things that won't mean anything once she gets her but I enjoyed doing while I had the time!

Tag on her new "luggage"... I love the pattern!

Not much else "in the news" with us. Just trying to be patient on little one's arrival.

1 comment:

Ashley Waid said...

You look fab! I need to get GGW some luggage too…that has been on my list for a long time. If you see anymore around time (like you are going to have time for that)…let me know :). The luggage tag is precious!