Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mary-Miller's nursery!

I have had the most fun doing Mary-Miller's nursery. At first I had no idea what I wanted to do. Bright colors? Soft colors? Vintage? Modern? But once I picked out some fabrics I just rolled with it and I loved how it turned out. I am big on using things from my childhood... things with meaning so I knew whatever "scheme" I went with, I wanted to make sure I was able to incorporate that easily. As Ted says "It is definitely girly in here."
Ended up very "soft" and "babyish" which I love. 
We can always go for the bright colors and such as she gets bigger.

Looking in straight from the hallway
I decided to have a twin bed in her room so we would still have some place for guests since the nursery took place of one of our guests rooms. Plus it can double as where we change her so we didn't have to worry with a changing table. Once she gets here I am sure I will have to cover up all the white when we start changing those messy diapers! :-)
You can see at the foot of the bed where all the supplies. Well actually the diaper cake is covering up the "supply box". I just can't bring myself to take apart that cute diaper cake yet.
I made the headboard myself and my little lady, Mattie, made the bed skirt.
The night stand is the same one I have had since I was born.


Looking to the other side of the room from the hallway
Thanks Gigi and "Chief" for the crib and mattress!
I knew I always wanted a Jenny Lind style crib... I just love the classic look of them.
I found the crib skirt at a yard sale. It is handmade from linen fabric and fully lined. I was so excited when I found it!  The bumper was also made by the same lady that did the twin bed skirt. I only had it made because she doesn't charge much and I already had the fabric. Once MM starts sleeping in the crib, it will come out.
The rocker was my great grandmothers that I had reupholstered.

Some Details:
 This is a cross stitched piece someone did for mom when I was a baby. It is like a big bed spread or something and mom had it framed for me for my birthday this year.


 Ted and I as babies. The writing that is framed is from my grandmother's bible. My Uncle Tom had written it down the day I was born, time, weight etc. My grandmother had it in her bible ever since and he had found it. 

 I made this pillow case and then had it monogrammed. Same fabric as the rocking chair and ottoman.

 Her book basket. I made the bow and little chalk board tag to put on it. 

My grandmother use to always say this to me... "I love you a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck."

This is a little vase that was sent to mom in the hospital when she had me with pick rose buds. 
She was going to get some for Mary-Miller too.
And I forgot to take a photo of just her her chest with the gold mirror above it, the one you can kind of see in this photo, but that mirror also belonged to my grandmother and I always thought it looked like a "princess mirror". Very special to have all these little details in her room. 


Light switch plate from when I was little.

I think I have blogged about this frame before, but I made it after seeing one in a store similar for $90!!!
The brooch was my grandmother's and I wore it on our wedding day!


I think we are ready for Miss Priss's arrival! Also got the car seat installed this week. So I guess that officially makes me a mom when I am driving around with a car seat in my back seat! Well that and this big ole belly I am "sporting" around. We can't wait to meet and hold our little angel!

5 comments:

Julianna said...

Everything is so beautiful! You did an amazing job! Good luck to you on the little one!

CCB said...

so fun... it looks gorgeous! great job, mk! mm is a lucky girlie :)

Kat Baker said...

Just Beautiful! You did a fantastic job! I can't wait to do a girlie room for Madelyn when we move. We can't wait to meet Miss Mary-Miller!

Sarah said...

So beautiful! I love all of the special touches from your family and from your childhood. It is perfect MK!

Unknown said...

Love!!! Where did you buy the bedding?