Friday, January 27, 2012

Watch it grow...36 weeks (&1day)



How far along? 36 weeks and 1 day!
Size of Baby: According on FamilyPlanning.com , she is measuring over 17 inches and weighing around 6lbs.
Total weight gain/loss:Up 1.4 since last week so we will just round up to 22.5 total gained.
Maternity clothes? Yep! And getting tighter by the day! :-)
Best moment this week:NESTING! I am a huge organizer and this "nesting" thing has just kicked me into over drive. I love it! Also we went to dinner last Saturday night with some friends in Birmingham for my birthday. Kind of momma's last outing before MM gets here. It was so nice. They also brought some gifts from MM that were just too cute. It is still just so humbling how generous everyone is during this special time in our lives. Makes you really stop and think how blessed your really are to have such thoughtful friends and family. And I will add this morning to the list to... I got a prenatal massage! It was the best! Especially after a night be sleeping on the couch for half the night. I literally didn't think I should drive after I got it. LOL I told Ted I can't promise that will be my last one before she gets here.
Worst Moment: I really can't complain too much but sleeping is getting "not quite as comfy" as it was. But if that is the worse part... I think we are doing pretty good!
Symptoms: Some swelling in my feet late in the day but nothing bad. Sleep isn't great. And my back, hips and groin get sore at times. I am also 1cm dilated and 70% effaced... making progress!
Miss Anything? Being "care free" of watching what I eat. I ate pancakes the other night, with Sugar Free Syrup but it didn't do any favors for my blood sugar! :-( Dr. said that I have controlled very well till this point and MM is measuring right one time so he said not to worry with it too much. (most gestational diabetes babies are larger)
Movement: I am convinced she is a dancing machine! Yesterday at the Dr. the nurse would get her heartbeat and then she would move... but it was about 144. And she has started streching out both sides of my tummy. It is so crazy. She will stretch out and then go back in. Ted gets to free her do it and then, poof... she is gone! So funny.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Have you started to show yet?:I am feeling large and in charge.... but I like it! :-) Only a few more weeks to enjoy having her with me at all times! :-)
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?
MM's  most important job is to keep putting on weight. Actually, that's her primary job from now until delivery.
 
In other Baker news:
Here are some photos from my birthday dinner night! Love these girls! :-)
 

And love this guy....

Also a pledge sorority sister makes baby boards. She contacted me a few weeks ago saying that she would like to make me one and it arrived in the mail this week. I love it!


It is the colors of her nursery so it will be great for when we get home to hang up on her nursery door! 
Thanks so much Leah!
 
Mom is coming in town this weekend and she is bring what she got my for my birthday which is a framed picture for the nursery. Once that is up I will be taking photos of the nursery and posting them... finally! 


 
 


No comments: