Friday, January 13, 2012

Watch it grow...34 weeks! (& 1 day)



How far along? 34 weeks and 1 day!
Size of Baby: Measuring about 17 inches long, she weighs around 5lbs. And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, she will gain about a half pound of weight every week. (according to familyplanning.com and pretty much the same as last week...)
Total weight gain/loss: Haven't weighed at home this week. At this point... who cares! :-)
Maternity clothes? Yep!
Best moment this week:Hearing her little heartbeat last week... that never gets old. And I love it when she stretches out a little arm or leg and I can see it poking out and feel it. It is so cute!
Worst Moment: Nothing really this week.
Symptoms: Soreness! My hips and lower back are really sore this week. I went to the chiropractor yesterday and I can already tell all the difference in the world!
Miss Anything? Bending over normally! :-) And I have a bit of spring fever. I can't wait to whiten my teeth, get a tan and wear cute spring clothes!
Movement: Still a little wiggle worm. Mom says if she keeps it up, she will be really fun to dress! LOL
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nada
Have you started to show yet?:For sure!
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?
Unlike the first trimester, the weight between all babies in the third trimester is much more variable. Some babies weigh more and are taller; some babies weigh less and are shorter. Also unlike the first trimester, by week 34 not much is changing. She will continue gain weight through the development of subcutaneous fat and with that weight, is probably gaining strength in his movements. May even be startled by a sudden jab to the ribs or be able to see a punch to your belly from the outside! (this is for sure!)


In other Baker News...Ted and I have gone to some classes this week, breastfeeding and CPR. (actually, I let him sit out the breastfeeding one) So we only have one more to go to and then we will be fully "baby educated"... yeah right!
Also, gearing up for my last baby shower this weekend at home. And I can't wait to get some home cooked meals. Since being pregnant, I have been the worse with cooking. Nothing sounds good and so I just don't cook! Poor Ted. Luckily, he does alot of cooking. I think it has alot to do with winter as well and just wanting to come home and change into my pj's since it is dark and cold outside. I am very much looking forward to Spring!

No comments: