Friday, November 5, 2010

Baby it's cold outside...

And I am so excited about it!
(and I LOVE that song.. the Rod Stewart or Dean Martin version preferable!)
We got a load of firewood delivered to the house this morning and can't wait to use it this weekend!

Other plans, besides being lazy, on the agenda include:
  • Dinner tonight with The Baxters and Sarah and Nathan coming in town from Destin.
  • 3 F's tomorrow... Football, Food, and Friends! Can't think of a better way to spend a chilly Saturday.
  • Relaxation and snuggling with Bella. She is a huge baby when it comes to the cold.
  • And some stocking up of the freezer.
It is so nice to have single servings of food frozen for lunches or when we don't fill like cooking. I plan on making this yummy Taco Soup that Mrs. Smith posted on the other day and my Memaw's Beefy Noodle Casserole. I am not sure what the real name is but that is what I called it when I was little.

Beefy Noodle Casserole

Ingredients:
 1 pound ground bee, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1 envelope beef/mushroom dry soup mix, 2 Tbsp ketchup, dash of pepper, 1 1/2 cups water, 1/2 package of egg noodles (the small ones), 1 cup sour cream,
1/2 cup crushed corn flakes (I never use these but it says it one the recipe)

Directions:
Brown ground beef and saute' onion
Stir in soup mix, ketchup, water pepper
Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
Cook noodles
Fold in meat mixture and sour cream with drained noodles
Melt butter with crushed corn flakes and top casserole (again, I skip this part)
Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes!

Happy Weekend!
Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I may have to try this beefy noodle yumminess...sounds like a great "man" meal, and Hunter is ALWAYS wanting me to try new recipes. Yummy!