Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cindy...

I have only mentioned Cindy once before on the blog, in this post, but those of you who know me, know her well! She is my car, a 2001 Nissan Sentra that I have had going on 10 years!!! Most people get a new car not long after college graduation, it's a mark of achievement so to speak, but not me. Nope, my mark of achievement of no car payment! :-) (for now anyway)
And up until this year she has put up with me and my "not so skilled" driving abilities. Every incident we have had, has of course, been my fault, until now! Now she is getting old and stubborn and wants too much attention and my money!!! After that post, we had to spend a decent amount of money on her to get her computer fixed. Who knew that they a computer tells you car everything it should be doing. I sure didn't! Until it BROKE and cost us over $1,000 to fix!!!! Geez Louise!

And now,this morning, I take her in to get her tires rotated so she will drive more comfortably, just like a good owner should do and what does she do??? She needs new brake pads and rotars! What? Seriously? Right before Christmas? Just a bit over $300, that's all! So in the last 6 months we will have had to shell out almost $1,500 on a 10 year old car when I  really want a new one anyway!

And with Thanksgiving just a few days away, I stopped to cool off think, at least I have a car. At least we haven't HAD to buy a new car and can do it when we are ready too. And even though there is a TON of other things I would rather spend that money on, or "save" since we are on the Dave Ramsey plan right now, at least we were able to fix her. It is so easy to get wrapped up in crappy things that we have to do that it is hard to remember and be thankful for the not so crappy things.

So as I still cool off from not being very happy with Cindy, I am really trying to focus on the many blessings in our life and not sweat the small stuff!

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever."
Psalm 107:1

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Ah, yes, Murphy's Law. Dave speaks of this frequently. I feel like Murphy only comes around when you're trying to save or pay off debt! The Smith's just had to have new brakes, rotors, and the works on both of our cars. Sigh.