Monday, November 22, 2010

Breakfast with Santa...in November?!?!

Okay so in most cases, it is a bit early for a visit to see Santa and I have, up until this year, been a very anti Christmas before Thanksgiving person, but our society is making it harder and harder to be that way.

I have been a member of the Jr. League of Tuscaloosa for the past 3 years. I was one of those members that just signed up for things to get my hours in, and check off my "requirements". This year I decided that I was really going to get involved and meet new people. So for the 2010/2011 year I have the title of Fall Fundraiser Publicity Chair! There are 3 main Fall fundraisers, BBQ Sales, (great for football season!) Breakfast with Santa and then the New Year's Eve Gala. So needless to say, I have been in the talks about Ole St. Nick since September! Being in Tuscaloosa, we have to plan around the football schedule and of course we want to make sure we do it earlier enough for all the parents to get their pretty Christmas Cards ordered! So November 20th it is!

(Disclaimer: yes, I have my tree up but that is only because we are leaving town for Thanksgiving and no one will be back to visit our house before Christmas so I thought I might as well put it up before this weekend so we could get some pictures in front of it. But don't doubt that I still have my pumpkins on the mantel!)

I knew I wanted MG to come down this year since she didn't last year and she is really now getting to the age, 3 and a half, where she is into the whole Christmas thing. Well, of course she wanted to bring her cousin Maci, so we had a great little girls night, plus Ted and Bella Baby, Friday night. We went to Cici's Pizza for dinner... Thank goodness for the salad bar at the place! It is only $4.99 for a reason people! And then went home to enjoy some movies, popcorn and have a "slumber party"!

Bella was really excited about this "slumber" party!

Bathed, popcorn in hand and ready for the movie


The next morning we were up and had some great entertainment from the lit story teller herself, MG. She went on and on and on for about 10 mins about a fox outside, who was up and tree, everyday and every night, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now I understand when my mom would ask me to be quite just for one minute! :-)



At least Maci knew what she was talking about and was entertained!

You can't help but love that wild red hair!

The next little bit, was consumed of us getting ourselves ready plus two little 3 year olds! Wow, what a job! They should really have classes on these types of things!

But we successfully did it and were off to Breakfast with Santa!

We ate, we saw Santa, wrote him a our letters, which by the way, they will get getting one back from him as well, Shhhh...and did some crafts!



Great weekend with the family. (and Santa)

No comments: