Thursday, November 3, 2011

Watch it grow... 24 weeks!

Look at sweet little Bella's paws in mommy's hands! She was being a momma's girl this morning when I was taking my pictures! 
My bump is starting to look smaller in the close up photos now compared to the whole shot ones, where compared to before, I had to take the close up photos to even see the bump. Funny how things change.

How far along? 24 weeks... wow!  6 months pregnant!
Size of Baby Baker: Ear of corn or about 12 inches long, weighing little over a pound
Total weight gain/loss: Don't know... don't care! :-) I go to the Dr. next week so I will have my "official" weigh in then.
Maternity clothes? Think I am about to have to be in full force with these, even shirts. I wore a shirt yesterday that was just a regular tee but I kept having to pull it down. Then my favorite pair of maternity jeans I had bought a while back, the ones that don't have a panel, just an elastic waist that goes under the belly, are getting a bit snug... . I guess this will be better suited for post-maternity jeans from now on.  Luckily it is just in the waist part that is too tight.. I guess the elastic doesn't stretch out as much as I need it to so I can still wear them, they are just not as comfy as I would like them to be, even though I have undone the button in the elastic part to make them looser. At least they aren't getting too small in other places, like the hips and thighs! :-)
Best moment this week: Getting the nursery all set up! It is coming right along and it is so much fun! I have also started washing some of her things and putting them up.
Worst Moment:  Nothing really but I will have a "moody" day here and there. Just stay out of my way and no one will get hurt!
Miss Anything?Since it has been getting colder this week, I had a little craving for a big glass of red wine and some yummy cheese. At least I can still have the cheese part... as long as it is pasteurizer!
Movement: I think I am starting to notice her routine a bit more. She seems to be a sleeper during the day and a mover at night. She gets the moving at night from her papa. When he wakes up in the morning his side of the bed sheets are completely wadded up! I don't know what he does when he sleeps!
Food cravings: Still my usual, nothing really new.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Have you started to show yet?: I think I have a cute little bump going on! :-)
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?  
In the coming weeks, MM will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining about 6 ounces of weight a week. Her brain is growing rapidly and her taste buds are developing. She is pretty lean at 24 weeks, but she'll soon be putting on some "baby fat" to fill out her frame and her wrinkled skin. She has begun to develop white blood cells. These cells are responsible for fighting off disease and infection. Her lungs develop branches this week and her inner ear is completely developed. In fact, she has basic control over all of her senses: hearing, touch, taste, smell and vision!

In other Baker News.... We are gearing up for a huge game this weekend. #1 LSU and #2 Alabama are playing here. The town is already a little on the nuts side. I am also going with mom, Callie and MG to Disney on Ice tomorrow and then to Christmas Village at the BJCC which I am very much looking forward to.
Received and email yesterday saying the crib has been shipped along with the chandelier that I ordered from Pottery Barn Kids. My MIL had given me a gift certificate for my birthday this past year that I still hadn't used so I was able to use it toward that. So excited! Here is what they will look like...




No comments: