Thursday, November 17, 2011

Watch it grow...26 weeks!



How far along? 26 weeks!
Size of Baby Baker: Just under 2lbs and about 14 inches long.
Total weight gain/loss: Think I am still holding on to about 12.5 total.
Maternity clothes? Love them... but love elastic PJ pants even more! I have already warned my family that I will dress nice for pictures next Thursday, Thanksgiving, but I can't make any promises to when the PJ pants will make an appearance. I hope to at least hold off until AFTER lunch but if I need to wear during, so be it! LOL
Best moment this week: Our couples baby shower Saturday night! So much fun! And organizing all of her goodies with my mom this week while Ted has been gone out of town. I think we are pretty much set for the first 6 months in the clothing department.
Worst Moment:  Failing the 3 hour glucose test last Friday. I now have to go to the diabetic clinic tomorrow to get my diet and what I need to do from here on out. However, mom brought her blood sugar testing kit with her and I have been testing and all my numbers have been great so I don't know what is up. Last time I had the test done and failed, I had to go home and log my numbers for a month and all those numbers were fine too. I think it is that dumb drink or something that you have to drink in the Dr.'s office that makes my numbers crazy, resulting in failing the test. I go back to Dr. Smith Wednesday next week so he can talk to me more about it but I don't really think I have gestational diabetes.
Miss Anything? Nope!
Movement: Umm... yes! She is moving all the time now. It use just to be mostly at night and when I was very still but now she is all over the place all day long! Her favorite activities include jabbing me in my right rib cage and jumping up and down on my bladder!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope... feeling great!
Have you started to show yet?:Belly is growing by the day.
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?  Her lungs continue to develop and she is taking small breaths of amniotic fluid inside your womb. These small breaths are getting her in shape for her first breath of fresh air.
Her veins are visible through her transparent skin but soon that will change as her skin begins to turn opaque.
The nerve pathways are becoming more and more developed, making her more responsive to sound. She may jump if she is startled by a sudden noise.
In other Baker News....Her closet is becoming full very quickly! Mom has been washing away all week. She also brought down a few of my old things she has had packed away. Including the outfit I came home in the hospital from, my first bathing suit, the outfit I wore to the hospital when I got tubes in my ears. Needless to say, they all look brand new! And we have Feltman Brother dresses and smocked dresses out the wazoo! I think it will be so neat for her to wear clothes that I wore when I was little.


No comments: