Thursday, December 1, 2011

Watch it grow... 28 weeks!



 Sorry for the missing 27 week post, we were out of town for Thanksgiving and I just never got around to it. Plus I think it is neat to see the difference in 2 weeks instead of just the 1.

How far along? 28 weeks... Hello 3rd Trimester!
Size of Baby Baker: Just under 15 inches long and about 2 1/4 lbs
Total weight gain/loss: As of November 23rd aka Pre-Thanksgiving... 14lbs! (from Dr's office scale)
Maternity clothes? Love the dresses, tights and scarves! I really like being pregnant in the winter. You have extra installation to keep you warm and the clothes are pretty easy. I actually still wear a lot of my regular dresses but maternity tights are a must!
Best moment this week: Ted being able to feel and see Miss Wiggle Worm really show off her skills. Every time he would try to feel her "bursts" of energy she would stop! But he was finally able to feel them Tuesday night of this week. He couldn't believe it!
Also, the Dr. said I could go from checking my blood sugar every day to every other day since my numbers were looking so good. I have had to adjust my diet just a tad but nothing majorly.
Worst Moment:  Nothing really... just having to test my blood sugar four times a day but now that it is just every other day, it really isn't that bad.
Miss Anything? Being able to get out of bed like a normal person. I would hate to see what I look like rolling out of bed. The tummy muscles are pretty much gone at this point. And paint my toe nails. I gave myself a little pedi right before Thanksgiving and I am pretty sure that is the last one I will be doing myself for awhile.
Movement: She is a night owl! And she loves it when I lay down so she has all that room to move about.And I think she had the hiccups this morning. I kept feeling little "thump" over and and over again in the same spot before I "rolled" out of bed.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope... feeling great!
Have you started to show yet?:Absolutely!
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?  
At 28 weeks, she  can recognize my voice! Her eyes continue to develop this week and her brain is developing millions of neurons. The hair on her head continues to grow. Muscle tone in her body steadily develops, and even though her lungs are now capable of breathing air, it would be difficult for her if she were born now.
In other Baker News....I can not decided about a crib bumper and it is driving me nuts! I keep seeing where they shouldn't be used anymore. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Stroller bought from gift card and money given at baby shower. I ordered online on Cyber Monday and got about $50 off an free shipping. We dicided to go with the Britax B Agile. This one:


This and the car seat is something else that had me up at night thinking about! Glad to finally make a decision and stick to it!

I am headed to pick up the crib mattress today and then I think most "big" things will be taken care of. I know once the holidays are over, it will be here before we know it!

We also have our first baby class at the hospital tonight. "Entering your 3rd Trimester". And then Saturday we have our "Comprehensive Childbirth Class", which is 4 hours. I think Ted nearly had a stroke when I told him how long it was going to be. Should be interesting...

Nursery is still coming along and once finished I will upload pictures. I just need to get some pillows made and then decide about the bumper. Also need to figure out what I want above the crib. I am thinking her monogram painted but we will see. Here is her little closet so far. (we have clothes folded in her chest as well)
One of Ted's friends sent her some outfits... the ones with black and gray. Ted was very excited to see something other than pink hanging in her closet!

No comments: