Thursday, December 29, 2011

Watch it grow...32 weeks!



How far along? 32 weeks
Size of Baby Baker: Measuring roughly 16.5 inches long, she now weighs about 4 1/2 pounds! And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, she will gain about a half pound every week. (according to familyplanning.com)
Total weight gain/loss: Maybe up 2 more pounds so about 18? (since I was down a pound last time) Will know for sure when I go back on Jan 5th
Maternity clothes? Some of my regulars are actually getting a bit snug but I will truck on through till February even if I have to start wearing my XL pj's to work. Just kidding... kind of. But I am determined not to buy any more maternity clothes at this stage in the game. Good thing there are only 6 other people in my office and I can shut the door! :-)
Best moment this week:Being pregnant at Christmas! What a magical time of year anyway and being pregnant just made it more special. I  really tried to just relax and take in all in but in all honestly I couldn't help but think about how fun next Christmas will be with a 9 month old! I can't wait.
Worst Moment: Nothing
Symptoms: I forgot to mention this last week but I ran into my first REAL episode of heart burn week before last after eating Mexican one night. Until now, food hadn't really bothered me much but that night I thought the world was coming to an end and I am pretty sure MM felt the same way. I had gone to dinner with some girls and we ate at a Mexican restaurant that I usually go to. I ordered nothing out of my normal choices and felt great afterward. Then it hit... about 12:30 that night when I woke up. Worse part, I had NO TUMS at all in the house! My throat was burning, my stomach was hurting and MM was all over the place! So, no more Mexican till after little missy gets here! Even though I love it. Now I just watch what I eat closely especially at night when I know I will be laying down soon.
Miss Anything? Maybe some red wine again but that is just because the holidays and New Years is coming up.
Movement: She is a dancing machine lately! She moves all throughout the day and gets the hiccups at least once a day.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Just have my days of being tired but I listen to my body and rest and then I feel tons better!
Have you started to show yet?:Of course but I will say that I was a bit disappointed in my Christmas cards this year. (see photo below)  I choose a photo with Bella in it because all of my customers make comments on her when she is in the photo. Even people who ignore me the rest of the year. Well I guess I shouldn't have worn a black shirt because not one person has said anything about me being pregnant. I guess they just think I packed on a few pounds since last year's Christmas card. And then the other night I had a break down because I can't believe I didn't put Baby Mary-Miller's name on the card too. I guess it just slipped my mind but that would have made the pregnancy thing more obvious to those that were unsure. Plus I received 2 Christmas cards in the mail from 2 other pregnant friends that added their baby's name. First guilt trip as a mother! I can't believe I left her off... I am sure my hormones had nothing to do with this thinking! But still I wish, I had included her too! :-(
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?
She is sleeping approximately 90 to 95 percent of the day. (if this is true then she is just like her daddy and moves alot while she sleeps!) Most of his wrinkles are disappearing, especially on his face, as more fat is deposited under his skin. Her hair is becoming thicker with each passing week and you may even be able to see it on an ultrasound! (we did!) She will also begin to settle in the head-down position, as his birth is fast approaching. (she is!)

In other Baker News... We are looking forward to a weekend at home getting some things checked off our "to do" list! This excites me way more than it should!

Our cute Christmas Card missing our sweet baby's name :-(... 
tell me I am crazy and it is the hormones talking!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Andi said...

I'll chime in here. Don't beat yourself up about leaving her name off, just blame it on pregnancy brain and move on. You know she'll probably have the spotlight on the card next year, so you'll more than make up for it!