Thursday, December 8, 2011

Watch it grow...29 weeks!




How far along? 29 weeks
Size of Baby Baker: Measuring roughly 15 inches long, she weighs close to 2.5lbs.
Total weight gain/loss: Right at 16.5lbs from Dr's scales yesterday. Only 2.5 lbs through Thanksgiving!
Maternity clothes? Can't live without them. I am gong to try my hardest not to buy anything else since we only have just over 10 weeks to go, but the bigger I get, the harder it is to do that.
Best moment this week: Just feeling her move around all the time. One day I was sitting in a chair texting Ted, my arms were kind of resting on the top part of my belly and she was kicking so hard that it was moving my arms! So cute.
Worst Moment:  Nada!
Miss Anything? Red Wine! I love having a glass of red wine on a cold night by the fire. But my chocolate milk is somewhat doing the trick! :-) (paired with some protein of course for the diabetes!)
Movement: All over the place! Up in my ribs, on my side... everywhere! She also has had the hiccups this week which is so funny to feel. Ted could feel them last night and he couldn't believe it. It has also felt her kick HARD and couldn't believe it either. So fun!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Feeling great still!
Have you started to show yet?:It is so funny because while I have, what I feel to be, a huge belly, I still could kind of hide it if I wanted. Just depends on what I am wearing.
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?  
By 29 weeks, her brain can control her body's temperature. Her eyes can move in her sockets and her muscles and lungs continue to mature. Her bone marrow is now producing red blood cells and fat continues to develop under his skin.

In other Baker News...The nursery is pretty much complete. But still not "photo" ready yet. We did pick up the rocking chair that got reupholstered and it looks great. This chair has been in my family forever so I think it is need that we will get to use it in the nursery.

We got our stroller and car seat in this week and I love them! I think the travel system is so important because it is something that you use every single day so I was all about making things as easy as possible.

I have also started our stock pile of diapers. Thanks to my dear friend Mrs. Smith, we already have a good little stash going. I was unsure on how I wanted to go about our "stock piling" of the diapers... what brand to buy, what if she was allergic to them, what if they leaked, etc. But I have heard nothing but good things of Pampers Swaddlers so that is what we are going with. And if you order from Diapers.com, they have a 365 return policy! Craziness! Not to mention GREAT sales. From my research good price on diapers would be about 19 cents to 21 cents per diaper. At Diapers.com the other day I paid, $29.99 for a 140 making them about .21 cents each and then at CVS the other day I paid, $14.24 for 92 making them about .15 cents each. It was 25% off site wide and I had a $5 coupon. Plus with Diapers.com you can go through Ebates and get some cash back. Not to mention all is free shipping! I still have some to learning to do in the diaper game but not too bad so far. And in case you want to get in on these deals as well... here are my referral links for Ebates and at Diapers.com just use my email address of mkbaker01@yahoo.com. Thanks!

I also wanted to share her baby book with you. I got it right before our couple's shower a few weeks ago and I love it! It has pages in it that will get us all the way up to 5 years old.  I think I had shared that I was going to use some banners from our wedding to have the book made but long story short, she did the wrong monogram on it when I first went to get it! I was not a happy camper. So instead of messing up more of the banners (I have like 6, which I use for table runners and such) I just bought more of the fabric. So it is the same fabric as our wedding banners but just not made from our wedding banners. Oh well, it was the thought that counted.

The little pink one is just a photo album. I did the opposite so they would coordinate. And I did the different style monogram because the one on the pink album, the "fancy" monogram wouldn't have worked with the ribbon on the book and I thought the ribbon was needed to girlie it up some since it was a tan color. I know once Miss Priss gets here these small things will not matter at all with diaper changes, feedings, etc. I don't live in a TOTAL fantasy world. But I have had fun doing all these small things along the way before she is here.

No comments: