Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Great weekend!

This past weekend was great, busy and exciting!
Saturday morning I got up and headed to Birmingham to go to a camera workshop to learn how to properly use my DSLR camera. It was a great class and although I still won't consider myself a pro, I now know more than I did before going to the class! I think the key is just to practice and play with it.

Afterwards I got to meet Mrs. Smith, along with H man" and my "due date buddy", Sarah for a little shopping in downtown Homewood. I think we all had a gift certificate to Swaddle. I was determined to use mine since I was unsure when the next time would be that I would be up that way shopping. They had so many cute things in the store, I had such a hard time deciding. But I settled on a Moby knee pad in a shape of a whale for when we are giving Miss Priss a bath, it won't kill our knees. I had never seen one before and thought it was so neat. I also got a set of Medela bottles. Mrs. Smith is going to let me use her breast pump when the time comes and these little guys just screw on when we go to work. I have no clue about this department quite yet, but Mrs. Smith assures me she will hold my hand along the way!

And of course, we had to get a little snack at Savages! Mamas needed a little afternoon pick me up!
I wish you could see our bumps better in this picture. I think we are pretty much the same size but just carrying higher than me. I think it is funny to see the different ways people "carry" their babies. Something I really haven't ever noticed until becoming pregnant. 

 Harrison was such a trooper all day even though he is cutting 2 teeth!
Hope Mary-Miller is as well behaved as this little guy!

And while I was in Birmingham all day, my friend Ashley, was busy being Mary-Miller's personal shopper! She is a yard sale queen and I am all about some good cheap clothing for Miss Priss. She is going to be inside so much in the beginning since it will be cold outside. Not to mention how many onies we might go through a day due to all the fun things baby do! Especially with Mimi (my mom) keeping her for the first few weeks, she is going to make sure that baby stays clean! 
This is our pile as of now:

We have gowns, oneies, crib sheets, cradle sheets, socks, burp clothes, hooded towels, wash cloths, receiving blankets.... all which basically look brand new! All this was about $25. I know she will outgrow things so fast the first few months so I love the idea of stocking up on things that will just be used while we are at home.

The nursery is coming right along and so far I love it! Can't wait to do the full post on it!






No comments: