Thursday, October 27, 2011

Watch it grow...23 weeks!



How far along?23 weeks
Size of Baby Baker: Mango (yummy!) About 11 inches long and weighing about 1lb

Total weight gain/loss: Not really weighing at home anymore but when I did the other day, I think I might be up 3lbs from the last Dr. visit...ekk! That is a 1.5 weight gain a week no the recommended .5 to 1lb, probably should not give in to all those cravings from here on out. Especially since they are mostly sweet ones!
Maternity clothes? Yep! She (more like mom) DOES NOT like to be restricted at all! I love PJ pants
Best moment this week: Feeling her move all the time!
Worst Moment:  Nothing
Miss Anything? Nope
Movement: All the time! I think she thinks my bladder is a trampoline
Food cravings: Tootsie Rolls and hot chocolate 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Have you started to show yet?:Yes, but people still say I am "small". Some days I can hide it good or some days it shows alot... really depends on the clothing. To the ones that say I am still small, I always say "well, you haven't seen me naked!" LOL
Gender prediction: GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker, Mary is obviously a family name for me. Miller is Ted's grandfather and brother's middle name. Dunlap is my great grandmother's maiden name...my grandfather on my mom's side mom. When doing her monogram and such, here initials will still just be MMB (or mBm) since everyone will call her Mary-Miller and most won't really know about the Dunlap name unless they ask or just know. I wanted to use Dunlap and thought it would be excuse to give her a "middle" name. I was always asked growing up if I had a middle name. Plus on paper work I had to put Mary as my first name and either "K" or Kathryn for my middle name so people would call me Mary until I corrected them. So maybe this will eliminate that for her.
What is Baby Baker up to? 
In the coming weeks, she will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining about 6 ounces of weight a week. By week 23, the blood vessels in her lungs, important for breathing outside the womb, are developing. Her lips are becoming more distinct and her eyes continue to develop, though they still lack color. Also, by this week, the bones in her middle ear start to harden. Her skin is still wrinkled but the pigments that will give her skin color are currently being deposited.

In other Baker news: The nursery is being painted this weekend! I have also decided to go with a breathable bumper in the crib instead of the traditional style so I will instead of getting that made with all the pretty fabrics I picked out, I will get the twin bed custom bedding made out of those fabrics. Really makes more sense anyway since she will be able to use it way longer than the crib. We also ordered the crib this week. Ted's mom and stepdad, also known as GiGi and Chief, always buy the crib for the new little ones that come in the family so we are very blessed we didn't have to worry with that. Especially since Baby Girl is already proving to be expensive, or really it might be her momma making her that way! :-) Everywhere I go, I see cute things for her. Most have been a great deal that I can't pass up but it all adds up quickly!

I also dropped off the rocker to be reupholstered yesterday. This rocker has been in my family for years so I am very excited to get to use it. And by looking online at the pricing of upholstered rockers and gliders, we will  be coming out cheaper on the cheaper end but like I said... it all adds up quick!

Our first baby shower invites also are going out this week!
Excited things are moving along.

No comments: