Friday, October 21, 2011

Watch it grow...22 weeks & 1 day!

(she looks like she is "poking" out more on the bottom of my tummy for sure)
How far along? 22 weeks and 1 day
Size of Baby Baker: size of a small banana

Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed at home since last week, so not sure.
Maternity clothes? All pants. 
Best moment this week: Finding out Baby B is a GIRL!!!!!
Worst Moment:  Nothing
Miss Anything? Nothing really besides being able to move around things on my own. I have always been a do it myself kind of girl. Moving furniture, etc. but can't really do that anymore so Ted has to help me. Kind of miss not have to wait on help... I am a impatient person! :-)
Movement: She is moving right now!
Food cravings: Oatmeal Cream Pies... LOVE them this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Have you started to show yet?: Yep! I had to go to LA Sunday - Wednesday this week and coming back home at LAX I was actually moved to the short family line to go through security when the security guard noticed my baby bump!
Gender prediction: GIRL! And we couldn't be more excited! Mary-Miller Baker. I think we are also adding a "middle" name so her first name will officially be "Mary-Miller". The middle name will just be for paperwork and such. People asked me all my life if I had a middle name. We have one in mind but still aren't 100% sure yet. Her monogram will still just use the MM and B since most won't even know she has the "middle" name.
What is Baby Baker up to? By week 22, her pancreas, a key player in hormone production, is developing steadily. Her skin may appear wrinkled at this point, but in the coming weeks, she will be gaining enough weight to fill it out.
Her eyes have developed but her irises still lack color. Even though her irises will have color by the time she is born, you won't know her permanent eye color until she is at least 9 months old. Most parents wait until their child's first birthday to determine what their permanent color will be. (source)


In other Baker news....The Gender Party was a great success! I will do another post just on it with the pictures. I am so glad we waited and were able to do that. It is something that we will always remember.
And now that we know she is a she... the nursery is in full swing. I finally had decided on the fabrics to use. My friend Ashley called me Saturday morning and told me that she saw some bedding at a yard sale in a really nice neighborhood so she thought I might want to take a look at it. I went and fell in love! Well, with once piece of it anyway. The crib bed skirt! It was pink and white striped linen. It was beautiful and exactly what I knew I would love mixed with some other pieces. The set also came with 2 curtains, a table skirt and bumper... all custom made. It is a pink and white toile, which my mom and Ted's mom love, but is a bit too girly for me. However I can use the form from the bumper to make the new bumper so that should save me some money there. The whole set was $25! No telling just what the linen fabric had cost alone originally! So now I will be selling the "blue" things I bought a few weeks ago. I thought that even if it was a girl I might still use it but now I have a new color scheme going. We are ordering the crib next week and also getting the room and closet painted. So excited to finally get going on her nursery. Here is a picture of the fabrics I am using...the solid tan is what we are recovering the rocking chair with and the "demask" looking one will be for the outside the the bumper and then the other one will be probably for the inside of the bumper. I don't want it to be too busy looking on the part that she will see when she goes to sleep...I want it to be more calming to look at.You can see the skirt under all the fabric samples in this photo. (and a touch of the toile that we aren't using, but is pretty)
I also remembered I had cream duponi silk curtains that I bought a while back and forgot about so that is what we will use for the drapes.
Mom and I went and registered last Saturday after the Gender Reveal Party. It was just a good time since she was in town and I already knew mostly everything I wanted. I also ordered her baby book. A store here in town makes custom baby books that are so pretty. They are much like our wedding book, made of duponi silk (I really like duponi silk!) and monogrammed. We used some banners at our wedding and I thought it would be so neat if since the books were custom made, we could use some of the fabric from those to make the baby book, and they were able to do it! So her baby book will be made from banners from our wedding! I think it is so neat! I will upload a photo once it comes in.
My wheels have been turning and I am sure won't stop for awhile! :-)
(guess that was my reason for getting up at 2 this morning and not being able to go back to sleep till after 4)

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

My childhood (& im sure yours too)....
Stranger: what's your middle name?
Me: Ann
Stranger: your name is Leigh Ann Ann?
Me: (give them a look like they are the stupidest person alive!)

I love love love double names! Bc of course people with them are the coolest, but I think giving Mary Miller a middle name too is a great idea!
Xoxo