Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No bull about it...

Literally! As I had mentioned before,  Ted is the BIG 3-0 this Friday, the 14th but we had his party this past Friday the 7th. And in true 30 year old fashion, of course we had to have some kind of entertainment. So what else would we do but get a mechanical bull! However, that didn't turn out the way we planned.

The bull company got there and was taking awhile to set the thing up. I was wondering what was going on but was busy making sure everything was out and in it's place. Then Ted found me and said "we have a problem". Basically they could not locate the cord that connects the bull to the computer which controls the bull. Without that, there is no bull. And it is not something you can just go and buy. They felt awful as I did too. I mean, I had koozies made for this!!!  But they were extremely nice and offered us a full refund plus them coming out another night. It isn't going to be Ted's 30th birthday party, but what can you do? So they had a basketball thing they set up instead. (see photo below)

I was busy planning away the week leading up to the big party, getting food together, cleaning, ordering the custom koozies.. everything was looking like it would be a successful party. Obviously the bull was beyond my control. If I had been the owner of the company and in charge of the bull there would have been no problems! :-)

I love to party plan! It is one of my favorite things to do. I won't lie, I do get a bit stressed the week leading up to the main event but I love doing it! Guess that is one reason we are having parties back to back weekends! The birthday last weekend and the Gender Reveal this weekend.
Here shots of around the house:

Ted collage from when he was little.

I always say it isn't a party unless you have French Onion Dip!
I found this cute little pre-made chalkboard cards at Hobby Lobby when I was home a few weeks ago. 
I miss that store so much!


 I also used little mini pumpkins as card holders.

Food Set Up

Bar area on deck outside

The koozies... I had joked that we needed to put a big "X" on the bull and draw a basketball instead.

Even had a little bar area in the garage. 

 There is the Birthday Boy! :-) I believe this was during and intense game of "Beer Pong"

And this was our "bull" for the night. At least they had something to give us in the bull's place.





1 comment:

Andi said...

You did an awesome job decorating. Stinks you couldn't have the bull. :(