Thursday, November 10, 2011

Watch it grow...25 weeks!


I guess I am going to have to start just wearing my tight shirts for these belly shots, otherwise, you can can't tell much of a difference in them.

How far along? 25 weeks... only 3 weeks to go until 3rd trimester! HOLY MOLY!
Size of Baby Baker: 1.5 lbs and 13 inches long
Total weight gain/loss: Up 5.4 since last Dr. visit four weeks ago so that would be a total of 12.4. Making up from lost time in the beginning I guess!
Maternity clothes? Lovin my maternity pants! Any tighter shirts have to be maternity but loser fitting shirts can be regular ones.
Best moment this week: Ted finally was able to feel her move one night. It seems as every time she puts his hand on my tummy, she stops moving.
Worst Moment:  Well, I have had two "spells" as I will call them. I feel as though I might pass out. I get all weak, my palms start sweating, I end up having to lay down. But after a bit it passes on by. I asked the Dr. about it yesterday at my check up and he just said it was my body adjusting to different pressures, blood flow, etc. And... I failed my glucose test yesterday. My blood sugar was 164 and it needed to be 135 or below. Although, I am really not surprised by this as my blood sugar has always been screwy. I have had to have it tested before and ended up passing out! The numbers never really ever concluded anything either. I am not a diabetic but I might be a touch of hypoglycemic. Who knows. I go tomorrow morning for the 3 hour test. They said a lot of times, you end up testing fine on that one. Just hate having to go through the whole process.
Miss Anything? Nope!
Movement: Oh yeah... she is moving all the time. She literally woke me up Sunday morning. I swear I saw the covers move. I love it!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Besides my two little "spells", no.
Have you started to show yet?: Yep and loving it!
Gender : GIRL! Mary-Miller Dunlap Baker
What is Baby Baker up to?  Mary-Miller is measuring about 13 inches long, she weighs approximately 1 1/2 lbs. In the coming weeks, she will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate, gaining some baby fat and filling out his long, lean frame.
As she gains weight, her skin begins to become less wrinkled and he begins to look more and more like a newborn. Also, her skin is finally gaining some color. Her hands are fully developed by this week, fingerprints and all! And at 25 weeks, the structure of the spine is beginning to form.

In other Baker News....Nursery is still coming right along. I need to get a crib mattress and some pillows made  for the twin bed, but that is pretty much it. It is so fun to decorate it all. I will post pictures as soon as it is all together!
We also have our first baby shower this weekend. It is a couples shower here in Tuscaloosa. Looking forward to seeing friends and family. Ted's parents actually came in from Oklahoma. My mom is coming in town to stay awhile and next week she is helping me wash all of MM's things. I know it is a bit early but with the busy holidays coming up and the fact that I am feeling good now, might as well get as much done as while we can. I figure I will be on the tired side as the weeks go on.

No comments: