Thursday, September 8, 2011

Watch it grow...16 weeks!


                     ** I feel like the bottom photo gives a more accurate view of the baby bump. **

How far along? 16 Weeks
Size of Baby Baker: Avacodo
Total weight gain/loss: Think I might be up 2 lbs! I will know for sure when I go to Dr. Monday for my 16 week check up.
Maternity clothes? Not yet but getting pretty close to having to go to pants. Luckily I am still enjoying my dresses. Although from the above photo I don't know if they are really as flattering on me as I though! LOL

Sleep: Not so good last night. I am trying to get use to this side sleeping thing but so far it just isn't working out too well. I think I need another pillow.
Best moment this week:Showing off the little baby bump to people who haven't seen me in a few weeks. They say it is nothing, but I beg to differ with them!

Worst Moment: Nothing really. I have a headache today but I think it is due to the weather change.
Miss Anything? This past weekend we went to the beach with Ted's family for a few nights and I would have loved a Margarita!
Movement: Not sure on this one. I think when I lay in the bed at night sometimes I feel little flutters, almost like bubbles. But I don't know if it is the baby or not.
Food cravings:Still loving my milk! Potato soup and I have really like Cinnamon Toast Crunch this week!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I don't feel the best in the mornings when I wake up but I think that is due to the sleeping issue. Hopefully it will get better soon. And I did gag when I brushed my teeth last night!
Have you started to show yet: Still not too much to others but to me, yes!
Gender prediction: Still have no clue! After Monday's Dr. appt. I will have the gender ultrasound scheduled. Hopefully it will be close to October 14th. That is Ted's 30th Birthday and we plan on having a gender reveal party that night with all our family. Ted's parents are coming in from Oklahoma so it will be perfect. We are not even going to find out at the Dr. appt, we will find out when they all do! So fun, I can't wait!
Looking forward to: Nesting! I have already started getting ready. And those of you that know me know I love a good to do list. This week I made our our monthly to do lists from now until January. If all does as planned, which I realize might not happen, we will have everything good to go by January so we can "enjoy" the last month and wait on Baby B to arrive. More on that "to do" list in another post.

What is Baby Baker up to? Little heart is pumping 25 quarts of blood every day and bladder is emptying every 45 mins. Limbs are even more developed and movements are becoming coordinated. (He might even be starting his working on him "worm" dance move just like his daddy! LOL) No hair yet but patterning of the scalp has begun. Growth spurt is coming up this next week... Baby B will double his weight and add some inches. 


In other Baker news.... we are having our master bedroom painted today and tomorrow. This is the first area of the house that I or my MIL have not painted. Kind of nice leaving it up to someone else to have to deal with. Just hope they do as good of a job as we have done! :-)


Today I am headed out of town for a girls weekend beach get away to celebrate our "10 year anniversary" of meeting one another. Yes, we find an excuse to celebrate anything! Can't believe it has been 10 years since our Bid Day on the AOII front lawn. Hoping for better weather this weekend since last weekend with the family, we had Tropical Storm Lee to contend with.

Happy weekend. Looking forward to sharing the before and after pics of the master next week!
Roll Tide!





1 comment:

Kat Baker said...

Your baby bump is so cute, and you look great!