Thursday, September 22, 2011

Watch it grow...18 weeks!





How far along? 18 Weeks
Size of Baby Baker: Bell Pepper
Total weight gain/loss: Pretty sure I am holding steady at the 2lb gain mark.
Maternity clothes? If Fall would ever get here then I am sure I would be in maternity pants but it is still so hot I am able to sport my same ole same ole dresses. If it is a bit chilly I just throw on a jean jacket and I am good to go! I did buy a pair of maternity jeans this week so I could go ahead and get them hemmed. They aren't the kind with the panel, they are the ones that have elastic in the waist and sit under your belly. Why wouldn't just normal people wear these things?!?!? They felt great!
Best moment this week: Seeing some really cute bedding fabric I liked. It got me excited to think that in about 3 weeks we will know for sure and I will be able to really start planning.

Worst Moment:  Not a thing this week!
Miss Anything? Bootcamp! I was doing bootcamp 3 days a week before I got pregnant and it just makes you feel so great! I know I can still work out but I don't think I would be willing to work out that much! Ha! Which, I really need to get back in the swing of doing my yoga and walking. At this point something as simple as that might feel like bootcamp to my body.
Movement: Not really this week.
Food cravings:Hot fudge sundae one day but other than that, nothing. :-( Well, actually, NERDS one day too. I get the craving for a day and then it goes away.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat?!?!? Doesn't make me awful sick but I just don't like it.
Have you started to show yet: YES! I can really tell from the above pictures that I am really starting to round out. And I think my belly button looks different. Not really sure how different but just different.
Gender prediction: Counting down the days till October 14th! I did start a little Baby Pool this week. It has been so fun to see what everyone says!

Here is the link to it if you want to join in on the fun too! Baby Baker Gender Pool
Pass code is "baby".
What is Baby Baker up to? Baby Baker is about 51/2 inches long and weighs almost 7oz. Skeleton is now hardening into bone. Myelin, a protective covering around the nerves has begun to form. Myelin plays an important role in the communication between neurons and it will continue to develop through the first year. Skin is still think and transparent but the vernix caseosa has developed to help protect him or her. Also is Baby Baker is a boy, hi genitals are not noticeable! And if a girl the uterus is fully formed and in place along with the fallopian tubes. This is the reason that Sarah was able to find out this week that here little bundle of joy is a BOY!!!! She was my roommate in college our sophomore year and we have the exact same due date! It has been so fun being able to text and email multiple times a week seeing what is going on with each other. However I am extremely jealous that she already knows and I don't! Read about how she did her reveal here.



In other Baker news.... The Master bedroom was painted and now I am just going to be busy doing the other million projects I need to get done this weekend. I have a monthly to do list from now until January with hopes of being done with everything in January. We will see how that goes.

1 comment:

This Little Nest said...

SO excited for you two!!! Can't wait to keep up with your nursery decorating! You better post some pics!