Sunday, September 18, 2011

Watch it grow...Week 17 (and 1 day)


I wrote this post Friday, took pictures Saturday and finally posting on Sunday...
hopefully this won't become a habbit! :-)


How far along? 17 Weeks
Size of Baby Baker: Turnip
Total weight gain/loss: Officially up 2 pounds at the Dr. on Monday 9/12/11
Maternity clothes? Still no yet but the weather has changed around here this week so I need to go shopping very soon! Especially for some pants and leggings. There is just not a huge selection of maternity clothing options around town so I am going to have to head up to Birmingham to shop. I know you can order off the Internet but I have never been a good clothes shopper on the Internet. I always have to try on things.
Sleep: Well considering i am up at 4:34 AM typing this, I would say not the best, but I think it is more due to the fact that I just got back in town from traveling for work and I have a thousand things on my mind so I couldn't sleep. I actually have been waking up around 3:15 every night on the dot to go potty. Some nights I fall right back to sleep and others are like this. At least it is almost the weekend so today won't be too brutal. Other than that I am getting use to the side sleeping even though I still wake up on my back from time to time.
Best moment this week: Hearing Baby B's strong little heartbeat. It was 150 on the doppler Monday.  Right where we want it to be. (said the nurse) I will admit, I was a little surprised by this. Seemed a bit low compared to the other readings, 171 at 8 weeks 4 days, 160 at 12 weeks 4 days and now 150 at 16 weeks 4 days. From the previous readings and the old wives' tales I just was kind of thinking it sounded like a girl but this 150 has thrown me for a loop... we will find out October 14th!
Worst Moment: As I mentioned earlier I had to travel for work this week. I left Tuesday for Houston and got back yesterday, Thursday. I was at the trade show on Wednesday and almost had a little passing out episode. It was about an hour after I had eaten lunch which consisted of salad with no dressing, penne pasta with marinara sauce, Parmesan chicken, water and a little dessert. Not exactly sure what it was but it was like a moouse thing. I was actually proud of myself for eating such a large lunch since that has been a little bit of a struggle for me lately. So I was making my "rounds" at the tradeshow and was at one of my customer's booths. I was just talking away and starting not feeling well. I was trying to push through but once I started seeing some stars I asked if they minded if I sat down for a minute. I could feel the color drain from my face and I started a cold sweat. Someone went to go get me some ice water and after a few minutes I was perfectly fine. I wasn't sure exactly what had caused it but then yesterday morning I ordered a Belgian waffle with ham and a regular coke for breakfast. I was trying to eat big since we were headed out to fly back home and I needed a little caffeine boost for the journey. I ate, showered and once I got to drying my hair started not feeling so great. Nothing like the day before but enough to have to sit down every few minutes. So I am thinking it might have something do to with a carb overload and my blood sugar.  I am not too concerned with it because otherwise I feel great but I will definitely watch my carb to protein ratio and make sure I am getting enough protein each time I eat too.
Miss Anything? Sushi! Ahi Tuna to be specfic! I have been to 2 sushi restaurants this week. One at the beach with the girls and then one in Houston. I will still get a crunchy shrimp roll which is, of course, full cooked but when the person sitting beside you has a yummy tuna roll, it is a bit hard!
Movement: Still feeling the little bubbles from time to time. Mostly when I am really still in bed but I am still just not sure what they are.
Food cravings: Ahi Tuna which I can't have! :-(
Anything making you queasy or sick: Besides the two episodes while traveling in Houston this week, nothing! I am feeling great!
Have you started to show yet: Iam pretty sure most of my customers had thought I had just packed on some pounds when they first saw me this week until I told them I was expecting. Still in the in between stage but there are some outfits that I can wear that will make me deafiently look more pregnant. My tummy is also starting to get more firm.
Gender prediction: That heartbeat this week really threw me for a loop so I still have no clue. Our appointment is scheduled for October 13th and then we will have the gender reveal party on the following night October 14th. I am pretty sure that will be the longest 24 hours of my life... waiting to cut into that cake!
Looking forward to: Continue my nesting and wearing leggings now that the weather is getting cooler! The master bedroom did get painted this last week but I still don't have it put all back together yet but once I do I will post the before and after photos.
What is Baby Baker up to? Baby B is roughly 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces now. That's even more than the placenta weighs.Though no new structures have formed this week, she has developed fat deposits under her skin that will account for about 2-6% of baby's total body weight at the time of birth.  The skeleton, which up until this point has been made up of flexible cartilage, is now hardening into bone. Another exciting event…her sense of hearing begins to develop this week! Which means I will be playing some of my favorite tunes for him/her soon!

No comments: